- Works similar to other misc/forum matches such as Sulit’s recent VLDR.
- Fifteen players are selected as Participants, one is selected as the Mastermind.
- Participants have two differing wincons. They either become a Blackened and survive the Class Trial, or they survive the Final Trial and expose the Mastermind. Throughout the game you can search around the castle for clues that can lead to the Mastermind or accessories that can help you in your murder plot. However, some participants as in WildCards or Traitors, may have alternate wincons.
- The Mastermind’s wincon is to survive the Final Trial and remain unexposed or for an N amount of Class Trials to select an incorrect player who is not the Mastermind as the Blackened. The Mastermind also has several benefits and tools the Participants lack, but they cannot become the Blackened. The N is unknown even for the Mastermind.
- Failing a class trial won’t end the game for the Spotless students, but failing a hidden pre-determined amount will. This amount is decided before the game begins and will not be revealed to anyone.
- This is how the game phases work
Daily Life begins.
A person finds the body, can be the Blackened who found it.
Game transitions into Deadly Life.
Twenty-four hours pass.
Class Trial begins.
48 hours pass or the entire class agrees on a blackened.
Next chapter begins with Daily Life.
There are five normal chapters where this happen. The sixth is a Final Trial.
- Each player begins with a limited number of action points. It costs one action point to move anywhere on the map or to take any action. Action points are based on your CON stat. Action points will be more limited than they were in previous Dangan games to encourage decision making instead of rushing
- Killing a player is decided by a mixture of RNG and stats. If a kill fails then the would-be victim is not notified. To attempt a murder it costs 40% of your total AP.
- When a murder happens, the murder weapon will be bloodied. In addition if the kill was done in via a melee range then the killer will be splattered in blood. This will require them to change clothes, wash themselves, or use something like a blanket to prevent blood from splattering on them. Bloodied items can only be disposed of the room the murder happened or a room that had one tile adjacent to it.
- Murders can only happen during the Daily Life Phase.
- Accessories to murder can only be dropped in the room or the one adjacent to where the murder happened.
- Up to two players can be murdered in a single chapter. In the case both players are murdered by the same person or the first Blackened is murdered, then the Blackened to be found will always be the double murderer or the player who murdered the first Blackened.
- It is possible for the Blackened to also be the victim in the case of suicide.
- In the case of two different Blackeneds for two victims the Blackened to be found will be the killer of the victim whose body was first discovered, and the killer of the other victim will just become a normal participant. If both bodies are discovered at the same time the Blackened will be determined randomly between the two and informed as such.
- Anyone may attempt to steal an item from another player’s public slot once per phase. They must know that item is in their inventory from checking it or seeing it. You will roll AGI% and they will be informed of your attempt regardless
- 1st Floor:
- additional floors may be unlocked as the game progresses
- Be advised that like in Alice’s games, there is as single hidden passageway that connects two rooms together
- Day/Night will rotate on a 12/12 cycle starting with daytime in Daily Life.
- The Dining Room (main thread) will be closed at Night and everyone there will be kicked out
- The Library and Kitchen will also be locked at this time
- It costs 2 AP to move at night (still 1 AP to complete any action)
- Sleeping in your dorm will regen 30% of your AP per hour instead of 20% up to a max of 150% at night.
- Visibility is slightly lower and murder is slightly more likely to succeed
- Each player gets one with their character name, talent, gender, stats, and four abilities which can be passives or actives. Each player will have a powerful one use ultimate as one of these abilities.
Additionally, some players may have additional wincons.
- Claiming and fakeclaiming are both allowed. Fakeclaiming is heavily encouraged in this game particularly. There will be very limited ways for other players to find out your talent and there will be benefits to hide it even as someone who does not intend to murder
- There will not be an Agent or Traitors in this setup, however there will be 2-3 wildcards. They will be slightly different from how they worked in DR2. They might just have slightly tweaked wincons, or need to complete an objective before becoming a normal participant. They exist to bring excitement and unpredictability to the game
- Each player by default begins with one private item slots and five public item slots.
- Anyone can check another player’s public slot, but the private slot will remain hidden regardless. However you can check only up to two times per Daily+Deadly Life Phase and one additional time per Class Trial Phase.
- However, during Deadly Life the private slot will temporary turn into a public slot.
- Melee Attack Kill Chance- 50%+(Attacker STR-Defender STR)/2+Weapon ATK-Defender LUK/8
- Projectile Attack Kill Chance- 50%+(Attacker AGI-Defender AGI)/2+Weapon ATK-Defender LUK/8
- Poison Attack Kill Chance- 100% unless an antidote is found. Time To Kill = (Initial Time)*(1+Victim’s CON/50)
- Electrocution, Drowning, and Burn Kill Chance- 100%-(Victim’s CON/2+Victim’s LUK/5)
- Searching will always net results regardless of AGI/INT.
- Maximum AP = 25+CON/4
- Vote Weight = 80+INT/2
tldr changes from recent games
- Fakeclaiming is more practical and potentially beneficial
- AP is more limited
- No traitors/agent just slightly tweaked wildcards to add depth to the game
- A bit more clarification on 2 people killing at the same time in the same room
- MM will still have a camera account with which to view rooms like in DR2. Hosts will log in periodically to prevent angleshooting (please don’t anyway)
- Spec chat will be in a discord server