Looking for just our in-game rules?
All changes are effective immediately
This applies to all ToL forum categories, Twitch, Steam forum/communities, and Discord server, and any other ToL/i42 sites: numbered for reference:
TL;DR: Mods+ can ban you for any reason, so it’s better to just be civilized and keep it classy. Excessively arguing, showing signs of toxicity, or disrespecting a mod+, esp. publicly, is pretty much asking for a ban. Sure, you can swear (if not targeting someone) – but not excessively, and no racial/discriminatory slurs.
- Swearing is permitted. However, keep it classy and no targeting people. What would Spongebob do (WWSBD)?
- No hating, bullying, stalking, being overly creepy (esp. sexualizing), or harassing. Being a bit salty is ok, Just don’t make it personal. Esp. no threats - not even jokingly! We’re LGBT friendly - allow people to be themselves without hate. Respect everyone, but esp. the guides/judges/mods/staff: Don’t openly argue with moderation decisions – send a private message to debate.
- Keep your posts in the correct category and stay on-topic. This includes avoiding the discussion of religion/politics. Discuss other games/non-ToL at #off-topic .
- Don’t bump threads without constructive replies, especially if the thread hasn’t received any attention for a month or longer.
- Don’t post/request personally identifying info – including done via private messages.
- No clickbait posts/links. Ensure your content is not mysterious and remains relevant to the subject.
- Don’t share accounts and don’t create multiple accounts. No alts/dupe accounts. If our BOT catches you and bans you, we won’t unban it.
- No posting pr0n, gross stuff, or NSFW. Tag [NSFW] if “gray area”…
- No discussion/participation of piracy/cheats/exploits/hacks/raiding. DM a staff member if you find something/someone suspicious.
- No begging (not even indirectly/jokingly), asking for free keys, selling things, soliciting, or any of that stuff. If you drop an affiliate link, disclaim it’s an affiliate link.
- No backseat modding. If there is an issue, report it to a moderator. For emergencies, @ping an online mod in Discord or the @mod role as last-resort. No appealing bans for someone else.
- Rulebreakers will either be warned, suspended or banned at the mod’s discretion at any time for any reason: This is a private community for civilized humans.
- Rules may change at any time as we grow - we’ll try to bump this for attention when updated.
- Do not imitate or impersonate judges/mods/staff. This includes a barely-typo’d name dupe, using “i42-” prefix, the unicode “shield” icon, or any indication that may cause others to believe you have an administrative role.
- No spamming (INCLUDES EXCESSIVE CAPS), both privately and publicly. False flagging/reporting is also considered spam. Leave your salt at home and no baiting for reactions.
- Although we do not monitor private messages, the rules still apply, if reported – be respectful in both public and private.
- No private messaging the devs for common issues, bugs or small talk. Well–you CAN (you won’t get banned), but you may be blocked since 99% of issues can be answered in #general and we handle #bug-reports from either forum or Discord public sections . Private messages are very distracting while coding for common FAQ!
- Demanding/extorting changes for blatant hostage, such as the infamous “implement x feature or I’ll leave a negative review / refund”, will get you banned from the community and your feedback will be lost forever. We have SO much feedback that we’d rather prioritize the feedback of people that post in the official feedback hubs ( #feedback or Discord #feedback ) and from people that don’t attempt to extort us O_o. If you believe your feedback is superior to everyone else’s, then you may be one of them!
- For communities with custom profile pictures, they must be civil and not hateful or represent hateful meanings (essentially, follow the same rules for pfp’s).
Ask below or on Discord.
Seeking related links?
Check the Welcome Post: