The following rules are default and apply to all forum matches unless the host explicitly states any changes.
- Do not angleshoot, cheat, or abuse loopholes in a setup. This includes using out-of-game information to your advantage, such as the “last online” function.
- Do not weaponize hosts/moderators.
- Do not discuss replacements, concessions, modkills, or rulebreaks. This includes voicing intent or pressuring other players to do so.
- Do not gamethrow or sabotage games. You are expected to play towards the win-condition that you have, not the win-condition that you want. Do not join games with the sole intent to troll.
- Do not edit or delete posts. This includes quickedits outside of minor grammatical/spelling mistakes.
- Do not use big letters (# or ##).
- Do not like or create posts in a game if you are dead or not a player in said game.
- Do not post during twilight or night.
- Please only speak English, and do not create or use cyphers.
- Do not quote, screenshot, or refer to any PMs relating to the match. Fake images and quotes will be treated as if they are real.
- Do not discuss ongoing games outside of host-sanctioned threads. This extends to non-players as well.
- Do not strategically replace out or flake. Replacing out should only be done in the instance of an emergency or unforeseen event that renders you unable to continue playing. (Policy regarding replacements can be found here).
- Do not use or develop AI programs to assist you in playing Forum Mafia.
- You may only use one account per game.
- Do not use a hydra/shared account without explicit host permission.
- Do not create an alternate account without Moderator permission. (This rule cannot be altered by hosts)
- You must create a minimum of 20 game-related posts per cycle.
- Do not pressure or trick other users into breaking any rules.
Games containing alternate accounts have the following rules - which can be changed at the decision of the host:
- Public speculation on alternate accounts is allowed
- Users operating an alternate account may not reveal their identity if the game has not ended. (Exceptions are scumchat and deadchat - if no dead interaction exists)
Breaking any of these rules repeatedly will result in a temporary or permanent forum game blacklist depending on the severity/circumstances of the rule-break. Some offences will result in an instant permanent blacklist.
The blacklist thread is here: