Throne Goes Free-to-Play Dec 18th @ 6pm EST! (LIVE)
- Patch Status? LIVE (Dec 21)!
- When is F2P (UPDATED)? LIVE (Dec 23 @ 6pm EST)!
- Veterans? Vets claim an exclusive, crystal-flaired “Veteran” title + Veteran avatar~
- Queue Times? Expected to be seriously low (even during offpeak hours)!
To better fit the f2p model, we have adjusted goldflow to be more progressive:
- MVP gold now grants 200 gp
- MVP silver now grants 125 gp
- MVP bronze now grants 50 gp
- Public game wins now grant 70 gp
- Public game losses now grant 35 gp
- Private game wins now grant 30 gp
- Private game losses now grant 15 gp
- Gold for win/loss no longer decreases with less starting players
- Double gp weekends have been pending-shifted to double gp Thursdays to better support offpeak hours – for launch weekend, we’ll keep double gp weekend around for one more go
Introducing Court Fees:
Why court fees?
Instead of bloating our store with finite items, jacking up the prices 10x, and having updates concentrate only on the store (like many other f2p games do), this route allows us to concentrate on the game like we did while premium.
This way, we don’t have to shove buying gold in your face! We calculated it: It’s pretty much impossible to go broke (you even get gold when you lose; we also won’t allow players to buy items if it’ll mean they’ll go below 50gp).
To further aid this, we’ll continuously add more promo/progression goodies to help get more bonuses (eg, login promos and achievements are planned). Isn’t it nice that we can actually concentrate on login promos / achievements / progression instead of just store items? This is why court fees!
When you start a public game and fully enter the game without being disconnected, there will be a 50gp “court fee” consumed.
Introducing Court Ticket: If you go <50gp and try to play, we’ll give you a free ticket to play a public (or semi-private) match. For now, you have unlimited: Later, we’ll port them to login bonuses (that can stack up to a maximum — meaning, you can have free entries even if you can afford it).
Court fees (and game info) is now displayed when you hover over the start/create buttons.
Public court fee public reserves are checked before you queue up or create a room.
Once you get in game, you will receive a toast (bottom-right popup) notifying court fee withdrawn.
Semi Private (1~15p) court fee = 50 gp (same as public; merged into public queue)
100% Private (16p) court fee = 500gp (Host pays; all guests play FREE)
- ^ Why? 100% private means -16 players in the queue, to encourage public queues. However, this also can lead to cool things like a gold-rich player treating the community to a hosted game with 0 court fees (eg, drop a Discord link invite). We can do something cool with this later.
If a private room “Queues as Group” (now called “Merge into Public”), the 50gp court fee will be consumed as if queued publicly
Yes, if you have 15 (out of 16), you may still merge into public for normal, public court fees.
Guests of the private room are free, courtesy of the host, as long as they don’t “Queue as Group” (where it’ll revert back to public court fees).
The host will be notified of the private court fee when they click “Start”.
If you host a private game, but you leave or d/c, the new host will be prompted about the 500gp court fee (in case it’s unexpected) if they click the Start Privately button.
Leaving a room will not charge you court fees unless you’re already in-game (Day 1+). You are not actually charged until you’re confirmed to be in the game without issues.
You cannot purchase a new item without having a leftover 50gp public court fee reserve (we’ll make sure you don’t “oops”). It’s going to be almost impossible to actually go broke.
New Perpetual (Available outside Snowcrest), Winter-Themed Avatars:
- Snow King
- Snow God Mithras
New Perpetual (Available outside Snowcrest), Winter-Themed Titles:
- Frosty One
Rune of Focus weapon temporarily disabled due to execution animation issues.
Trueshot Crossbow weapon temporarily disabled due to execution animation issues and possibly freezing the game.
Customization shop prices been adjusted to better match the new f2p model (more up, some down).
We have added 2 new gold buying options:
- Tier 5: 100,000gp for $49.99
- Tier 6: 250,000gp for $99.99
Refreshed the “buy gold” art to look way more satisfying since we’re now solely supported by this
Remove Telepathy from Mystic, Apostle and Illusionist
- Ever since whisper meta’s stopped, this ability has lost it’s purpose, and is currently used similarly to the old Noble Twin ability, which was removed because it had no actual purpose other than day-confirming the noble.
Hunters Mark: Cancel on redirection
- This brings Hunters Mark abil in line with Cold Steel - all while making it less frustrating to use in certain situations.
Give Apostle and Illusionist 2 charges of “Trollbox” with a new, more fitting name "Sinister Echoes"
- This ability fits thematically well into the classes, being a social ability and accomplishing similar things to the current Telepathy abil:
Increase charges of “Expose” on Seeker to 2
- This change aims at making starting Seeker be more in line with other starting Cultists.
Allow Enforcer to target himself with “Protection”. Also, allow Sellsword to target herself with "Stonewall"
- "This will help them protect themselves from being found as evil as well as reduce the chance of players being able to confirm anyone as unable to be either of those classes.
- This will also allow players to more-easily fake offensive classes - all while reducing the overall confirmability of those.
Reduce charges of “Ritualist Brotherhood” to 2.
- Ritualist is currently the strongest Cult convert; this change is aimed at reducing it’s power while making Paladin less frustrating to play.
Allow Invoker to target Cult members as second target with "String of Mithras"
- Allowing the Invoker to redirect into Cult members allows him to potentially redirect protectives into fellow cult members, offering some utility to the abil.
Don’t allow non-Possessor force votes to be used, unless there can currently be a trial.
- Currently, Noble’s force vote primarily gets used to confirm yourself as the Noble after the trial happened, which goes against the spirit of the ability.
Scorned Mark now persists until a new target is marked at night.
- Getting occupied as Scorned was extremely frustrating. This change allows for the Scorned to still be able to push their win condition, unless they were both occupied and their previous target was killed by other means.
Sheriff “Scout” will no longer be useable Day 1
- Being found as visited Night 1 has very little counterplay and can swing the game heavily; not just due to conversions, but also because this commonly got the Neutral Killer executed early. This issue became even bigger with multiple Sheriffs in the game.
- Raised Bear Traps abil priority to allow Intensify abil to work with it.
- Puppet Strings abil feedback now shows the correct target 1’s name (instead of target 2).
- Removed Intensify mention for occupy immune feedback.
Fixed MVP bonus gp
Set server’s in-game player timeout timer (TTL) from 0 >> to 5 seconds.
- This will hopefully allow people to experience less disconnects, with the timeframe short enough to hopefully not experience desyncs. This is experimental (but tested in test realm).
In lobby, hovering over any of the center play buttons to play will now reveal the “classic mode” info (formerly only if you hovered over the mode banner) and now shows the “court fee” amounts
Toggling show FPS in-game will now instantly toggle when applied (instead of next game)
- Pending new key art/logo by Adiart (top banner preview) - like it?
- Lobby buttons at the bottom-right are now less bloaty.
- Tutorial NPCs now have an assortment of weapons.
- More-consistent use of “Xgp” vs “X gp”
- More consistent customization shop layout.
- Customization shop now orders from owned >> price >> alphabetical. Filters coming soon!
- Tutorial can no longer be skipped.
- Win7 users will no longer see video previews for weps and emotes (Win7 is missing the modern Windows media packs and shows a white screen).
If you visited our promo link before we went F2P and registered your email (that matches your in-game email), you’ll be marked as a pre-registrant: Shortly after the dust settles, we’ll reward ya as promised! Give us a bit to code this
We thank our new partners to contributing to this magic Missed the intro? See Discord #news
We know both veterans and new players, alike, have asked us repeatedly to go F2P - This has been a ton of work over an incredibly short period of time. We hope you enjoy it!
–Xblade @ https://discord.gg/tol