Early Access: This is essentially a live beta test of our graphics revamp (part 1), that we’re happy to share!
Mystic New (GIF):
Part 1, Live Now:
- Ground-up lighting/shading/particle revamps for every day/night/death room.
- Added shadows, god rays and environmental dust.
- Darker environment, but brighter focus points with better color differences.
- Added some environmental texture upgrades.
- HDR support.
- Optimization - Should still have decent FPS!
@ Veterans: If you have the tag with the crystal flair, you got a visual upgrade:
- Known bugs to be hotfixed:
- Some areas have Bloom intensity too high, like Sellsword/Merc room.
- Some areas are too dark (or the character is too dark).
- Part 1 has “dev tweaks”. Part 2 will have “actual artist” tweaks.
Part 2+, Roadmap:
- Lighting is actually too dark right now: We will tweak this.
- Camera angle improvements.
- More textures (armor + weapons).
- Reflective surfaces (armor/weapons/windows).
- Additional prop varieties (like furniture).
- Potential fixes for previously-disabled weapons+executions.
- Better idle/sitting animations.
- Significant optimization boost (baked lights).
We’re back to classic mode, for now!
In the future, we’ll likely add optional rotation modes to 100% private games, **if you really feel like an Unseen or Cult game, specifically.
- Fixed crash when typing
- Fixed some
<styles>being revealed during select class card hovers.
- Fixed buggy text selection (when trying to copy text from chat) - it should now work similarly to a text editor, where you can drag to select / double click to highlight the word / triple click to highlight the entire sentence.
- Potentially fixed quest progression bug for executing players.
*These are early access fixes, at least working in Unity — let us know if it worked for you!
- Fixed some class card consistency issues, like with Marshal/Seeker’s Expose.
- Seems like Voidstone of Corax execution was missing an entire particle layer - fixed.
- Fixed stacking text: The moment the player dies in an execution, we’ll hide the name above their head (so both players’ names don’t jarble together).
- Death reveals no longer bold the name of Neutral classes.
- Tutorial night ability description has returned.
- Made the names above your head prettier.
This had some MAJOR changes, both front and backend – here come the hotfixes (thanks for the awesome bug reports )!
—Xblade @ https://discord.gg/tol