[SFM] Steve Miller's The Joker Mafia Signups (13/13) - Full but looking for backups

Steve Miller’s The Joker Mafia

A Mafia game by: @Osieorb18
Cohosted by: @Chloe
Reviewed by: @DatBird (and Togs)

Game Info:

• This is a Closed Special Setup for 13 Players.
  • I will do my best never to lie to you, and while some roles may lead to false results (such as a Miller or Godfather), as far as myself and my reviewer can tell, this setup does not contain bastard roles. The setup was created with the fun of the players in mind.
  • 48 Hour Hug Deadlines, 24 Hour Night Phases.
  • In addition to the general 15 substantive, on-topic, game-related posts per day phase requirement, you are required to make at least 5 such posts per 24 hours in the thread or in a nightchat. I will not necessarily check this closely but if you cannot post, contact me.
  • Any phase may have a twilight or dawn for the host to have a life. Usually, phases will change around 9 AM PST (give or take an hour or two) or 12 AM PST (give or take an hour or two). Phase lengths may be altered to account for this.
  • Night actions submitted within the last 4 hours of the Night phase might not be counted at host discretion and/or missing it.
  • Flavourgaming and setupgaming are both meaningless, but will give me a chuckle so feel free.
  • Majority and Plurality Execution are in play.
  • If players choose to No-Hug or if no plurality is reached, the day phase ends in no hug.
  • Factional Kills are Optional.
  • At host discretion, if players choose to No-Hug, then No-Kill, then No-Hug once more, a random Town player will be eliminated.
  • Players with chats can chat at any time unless their role states otherwise.
  • Players must ping @Osieorb18 and @Chloe when they vote if they want the hosts to notice their vote.
  • Mechanics may exist which make claiming detrimental.
  • Alts may be allowed at host discretion.
  • No roles/abilities will be revealed upon flips until certain conditions have been met.

Rules:

• Follow all Forum Rules.
  • Communicate with a host via DM or PM if you have any questions, concerns, or if you will not be able to meet the minimum expected level of play for any reason. If you do not do so, you may be forcibly replaced or modkilled without further warning. The more you communicate, the more lenient I am likely to be.
  • If you appear to knowingly and intentionally break any rule, you may be able to run but you cannot hide.
  • If you damage the sanctity of the game through any means, you damage the sanctity of your position in this game and future games. You have been warned.
  • Do not replace out or declare V/LA in the thread. Contact a host.
  • Players may not vote for themselves.

Players:

1. min
  2. Atlas
  3. Luxy
  4. EliThePsycho
  5. Arctic
  6. BradLand
  7. SherlockHolmes
  8. Leafia
  9. Ruri
  10. Wisp
  11. Arcanine
  12. Ratchet
  13. Cream

Replacements:

1. clonedcheese
  2. WindwardAway

Spectators:

1. Squirrel2412
  2. GGhana (Informed)
  3. DatBird (Informed, duh)
  4. thepigeonnyc (Informed)
  5. TrustworthyLiberal
1 Like

How would you rate this setup on 1-10 osie?

@Atlas - In what context? I could rate a lot of things about it.

Overall, like you’d rate a movie

/in

3 Likes

Probably 7/10 or 8/10. It’s a solid design, but not necessarily perfect. It’s a design that I like a lot, in part because of its style, but I wouldn’t call it my ultimate design. Without going into huge detail, I don’t feel that this design is as much of an experimental gimmick compared to DiTF or some of the designs I’ve ran on MC. I don’t know for sure if every possible positive/negative of the setup was caught in review or in design, but I know that there’s a lot of interesting elements involved.

I do think it’s a more… thorough (for lack of a better word) or at least just more focused design style than the average game on FoL. Which I at least believe is a notable positive.

FWIW I have at least a dozen unplayed designs floating around in my design files, and this is one of the only ones towards which I feel committed enough to definitely run myself. For perspective, the total number of designs in those files is over 50. (The total number of games I’ve designed in the past 4.5 years might be about 70-80 (not counting live-designed games), and the total number of reviews would probably be at least 40-50.)

Anyone, heads or tails

1 Like

Random.org says Tails.

/in

why are all the outcomes to this always positive for the other person

Eod is a bit wonky for me, but eh

3 Likes

I can keep in mind time zones and try to adjust to the more optimal time for people (I’ll probably aim for it to be in my mornings).

3 Likes

This should have been named Danganronpa, we’d have filled up this game in less than 1 hour.

1 Like

/uninformed spec

In

2 Likes

/in

2 Likes

Idk why but I keep saying I should take a break from FM and then I don’t

7 Likes

Send help

I’ve started a needed break from FM recently myself. And yeah, it has been difficult keeping myself to it, especially when seeing games needing replacements. I can see why some people resort to the self-ban thing. :slight_smile: But going to see if I can keep away for another few weeks.

1 Like

society

/in

2 Likes

/informed spec

pee poo pee poo

1 Like