Dominator (Passive): Immune to Occupy and Redirect, Death Immune at night.
Kidnap (Day Ability): Select a player to imprison within your torture chamber, tonight. (Identical effect to Prince’s Imprison ability) (Infinite uses)
• The Torturer may freely edit their captive’s Logbook at night. Edits are only saved if the captive is killed. If the captive is killed, any edits made by them are discarded.
• The Torture chamber appears identical to the prison for the purpose of subterfuge, and the Torturer will appear as the Prince while talking to their captive.
• If a Torturer imprisons the Prince, the Prince’s day ability fails, and vice versa.
• If both players imprison one another, Prince’s Imprison fails and the Prince is kidnapped.
• If both Prince and Torturer target the same player, Imprison takes priority over Kidnap, and Torturer goes into standard night-mode. (“Your target was imprisoned by the Prince.”)
• If no prisoner is selected, the Torturer prowls the palace’s main courtyard at night. (or a dark corridor of the palace if that’s too much modeling work)
• Immunity to Kidnapping is gained separately from immunity to Imprisonment, but functions in the same way.
• Other players targeting the captive with their night abilities receive feedback as if the captive was imprisoned.
Prepare (Day Ability): Tonight’s Hit and Run attack bypasses Death Immunity. (1 use)
If instead the Torturer is imprisoned that night, the Prince’s Execute ability secretly fails, and the Torturer kills the Prince. This attack ignores Death Immunity and bypassing healing. When the Prince is killed in this way, their logbook is purged.
Mutilate (Torture Chamber Ability): Executes kidnapped player, functioning identically to the Prince’s Execute ability. (Infinite uses)
• Feedback: You were tortured to death by your captor!
Dress Corpse: (Torture Chamber Ability) Mutilate your captive and choose the class of the body they leave behind. (2 uses)
Hit and Run. (Night Ability) Standard attack. Usable only while you have no captive.(Infinite uses)
Kill all members of the main factions.
The old prison warden has a vendetta against the king and his subjects, ever since the prince replaced him.
This class was designed to hard counter an Open Claim Prince meta and I think I’ve succeeded in doing that.
Additional implications of including this class: Improves claim space for all evil classes, by introducing further uncertainty of the identity of the dead, and introduces the first evil class that can claim to be the Prince, provided the prince was killed through Dress Corpse.
If the Torturer turns out too weak after play-testing, we might consider allowing players targeting the captive to receive feedback on their night abilities as if the captive wasn’t imprisoned, though protective abilities would secretly fail. (Barring a healing ability empowered by a Court Wizard)
There is a concern with the Torturer’s ability to see and edit logbooks where players might start keeping their notes in private only. I personally am not sure if this is even a problem. If nothing else, it starves the BD of information and the Torturer is only slightly inconvenienced.